Zambian Country Manager
Contract for 6 months with permanent employment thereafter
Position to be filled by:
As Country Manager your role will be to manage the day to day operations of the Zambian business unit. You will have several direct reports, and will also be responsible for managing all sub contracted resources for the Zambian company. Your value to the company is directly related to your ability to manage the team that delivers against quarterly operational and sales targets. You will report directly to the Group executive team who will work with you to set quarterly targets for the team.
- Developing, training and managing sales and operations teams
- Ensuring project installation, maintenance, customer service and sales targets are all achieved
- Maintaining tight controls on company assets
- Maintaining up to date financial and accounting records
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements are in compliance
- Improving overall company operational efficiency
- Establishing and controlling budgets
- Managing, planning and executing project plans for a portfolio of power system sites
- Liaising with project stakeholders such as funders, government agencies, regulators and community members
- Managing sub-contractors during installations on site in Zambia for several weeks at a time.
- Managing partner relations
- Developing management reports in accordance with funding and executive team requirements
- Taking overall responsibility for company safety
- Travel throughout Zambia and Southern Africa for site work and training as needed
- Enforcing, developing and improving upon company standard operating procedures
- Identifying cost saving opportunities
- Identifying revenue enhancing opportunities
- Hiring and training support personnel against organizational growth target plans
- Completing quarterly self-review and collaborate with management on training progress and goals.
- 10+ years’ work experience in developing and managing high performance teams focused on electrical engineering intensive work
- Experience working internationally in start-up environments
- Master’s degree from top tier University in business management
- A passion for delivering energy services and desire to learn the various aspects of the microgrid business
- Fluent in English, Bemba and Nyanja both in written and oral communications.
- Intelligent and eager to learn.
- Zambian citizen or possessing valid Zambian work permit; experience working in Zambia is a must.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail is essential.
- Resourceful, hardworking and honest.
- Enthusiasm towards working in the field of renewable energy.
- Highly computer literate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible and eager to lend a hand wherever needed, even if a specific task may fall outside the core job description.
- Candidate should possess a valid Driver's’ License.
Personal development opportunities:
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged.
- Performance based bonuses
- Working both in the office and in the field.
- Contributing to rural electrification in Africa.
- Building a clean energy future.
- A passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Vehicle/petrol allowance
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.